The former Royal Mint is located on the square over the town hall of famous mining town and it was built with the pomp proportional to its importance. The two-storey house from Renaissance age has a tower-type bay window, great hall and rectangular courtyard. The house was built through the years 1534-1536. Present state of the building is the result of several reconstructions.
The core of the house as well as several window flannings, portal jambs, rare chimney hook or large basement remained preserved to these days. The artistically most valuable part is the prismatic bay window with the haunch reinforced with groins. There is a year 1536 signed in the middle of its window flanning. Mining shields around the sign of the year are modern. The building served as the Royal Mint till the beginning of 17th century.
The forefront and the adaptation of the portal are baroque. The mining and metallurgic administration of Jáchymov resided here since 19th century.
The museum has resided here since 1964, the reconstruction of the whole building took place through the end of 80´s and the beginning of 90´s. Present state is the result of this extensive reconstruction. The Royal Mint belongs to the first category monuments.